has two forms: will and would. Thus “Will” and “Would” are
looked upon as aforms of the same verb although in a few cases their
It is used to express:
- Willingness, intension, determination.
I’ll write as soon as I can
I will be there to help.
This meaning is often found in the
If you will help me, we can finish be
- In the negative sentences ”Will”
expresses a refusal to do smth.
They will not go with us
- A polite request or offer/only in
Will you pass the salt please?
Will you have some tea?
You will do exactly as I say.
- An impatient command can begin with
Will you be quiet?
- Insistence, resistance/with reference
to inanimate objects it shows that the thing fails to perform its
The door will not open
What will be-will be
Accidents will happen
Boys will be boys
Truth will out
- Characteristic or behavior of quality
This car will hold 6 people.